Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Red Headed Woodpeckers

There is a small pine tree right on the front side of the house between the two offices. A couple of Red Headed Woodpeckers frequent this particular tree and it is lined up and down with small holes. It is really neat to watch them work away on the tree, as they seem to not even notice.

Yesterday I saw that one had perched on the window sill and was taking a nap with his head tucked under his wing.


Then he moved over to the other office window and I decided to try taking his picture from outside.



I don't know if he was sick, old, deaf, or just REALLY sleeping, but he did not even twitch while Tristan and I stood only about a yard away taking pictures.



Tristan was even yelling at him and pounding on the wood. I think I could have walked right up to him and grabbed him. But seeing as how sensitive birds are to shock, I probably would have killed it x___x



I am absolutely loving all of the fauna and flora here. A few species that you rarely get to see back home in Ohio. But I am still waiting on this bear to show itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment