Sunday, April 1, 2012

March

It started with me finally taking Niko back to the vet about his nose, since he was overdue for his rabies shot anyways. The doctor thinks that Niko may have herpes in his nose and prescribed some tasty tuna flavored lysine gravy in a tube for the next few weeks to see what happens. If it helps then Niko will be taking it for the rest of his life. If it doesn't help then we can proceed with a biopsy. I'm not happy with paying $450 for such a simple surgery, but I have to remember that I don't have an employee discount like I did down in GA. The lysine definitely seems to help with all of his sneezes, snorts, and watering eyes and I think he actually likes taking it, but his breathing is still louder than a normal cat. It would be better also if I remembered to medicate him as often as directed. If we ever decide to see what a biopsy has to say, then hopefully I will be employed at a vet clinic that I have a working interview with tomorrow night!

Next came my birthday. THE birthday. The best decade of my life is now behind me. I'm thirty. I don't like it, but I sure as hell don't feel like I'm thirty. I still feel like I'm twenty, and every stranger that comments on my age says that they would've guessed me to be eighteen or twenty. So it's nice to know that I look an entire decade younger than I am and I look forward to that being the case for a very long time! We didn't do anything special. I hung out at home and cooked dinner as usual. Although I did get a handmade set of jewelry from MumMum...cute little blue stars...love it.

Then came Tim's birthday. It was a Saturday so we did go out on a date, dressed all in green for the holiday. I made an appointment to finally get my tattoo and then we went to eat sushi and watch John Carter. When we got home I made some green beer and Mum and I gave Tim a mint chocolate Klondike bar with a candle in it. Next year I plan to make green zebra brownies.

Now the appointment for my tattoo was fast approaching, and because of a conflict in schedules, I was trying to get it sooner than later. I finally got in touch with the shop right before Tim and I were about to just drive out there and walk in, hoping that evening was still available. They said they could do it so we went on as planned. Tim did NOT want to go and didn't get why I wanted him above anyone else to be there with me. This tattoo was a big deal to me, and laying on a table with my shirt pulled all the way up while a strange man stabs ink into my body for an hour wasn't something that I wanted to do all by myself. Of course it hurt a lot, but Wild Bill said that I handled it much better than a lot of dudes that get tattoos. So we had a really good experience and we both plan on going back to him for more work!

Lastly, the best part of all, I had an interview with an awesome veterinary hospital last week! I knew as soon as I talked to the manager on the phone to schedule my interview that this was going to go well. Then meeting with her was even better! She was so welcoming and friendly as soon as I walked in the door that I felt like I was already hired. We just chatted for a bit before we went back to an exam room to discuss the job. Instead of hounding me with a bunch of questions, she explained how things work there and what I would be doing. Then she gave me a tour and introduced me to the doctor, who also excitedly showed me their new digital xray machine. They talked amongst themselves in front of me about someone like I wasn't a stranger that just walked in the door. They have cats and a dog roaming the place freely, and photos of wild animals decorating the walls instead of cats and dogs like every other animal clinic...another huge plus! The hours of my shift would be perfect for Tim and I. They are a 24 hour hospital and tonight I have a working interview for four hours. I'm too excited and confident about this to be nervous! I'm already in love with this place and I hope they keep me! I could not possibly be more happy about the last vet I interviewed for not working out. That experience was the complete opposite of this one. Now, which pair of scrubs do I want to wear tonight??

No comments:

Post a Comment