Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shopping and Painting

Saturday Tim and I got a chance to go out for a bit! First we went to a Japanese restaurant called Masaru to eat some sushi. It was really good and I definitely want to go back there. The plating was so pretty that I need to take pictures next time! After eating we went to Target and Toys R Us to get all of Tristan's birthday presents and most of his xmas presents too. There are a few more things that I want him to get so I may go back out for those or let MumMum get them if she wants since she was asking about it. I know what I want to get for Collie and Tim and then I should be set for xmas presents since I have no clue what to get anybody else :(

I've been feeling better about Karla since my last post, but I am still very sad. The rescue group keeps posting about her every other day since she is the one dog that has been with them the longest. I don't understand that though...how can no one be interested in her?! She is so cute and beautiful. I just hope that she finds a good home soon.

I've been painting a lot lately! I have quite a few of my own projects that I want to get done so I can open my Etsy shop but they keep getting pushed back for my friend's mom who keeps ordering stuff from me. That's great, but she doesn't give me much to go on and she sent back that last set for me to completely redo because she didn't like the colors AFTER she said they looked awesome. She just ordered more stuff for me to work on, and yet again, has not given me much to start with. Colorful bugs. Nothing in particular. Just lots of colorful bugs. UGH!!!! You HAVE to give me more than that! Especially if you didn't like my colors last time! If she doesn't like how they turn out when I'm done with them, then I am just going to have to put my foot down and tell her how it is...nicely and professionally of course. She wants wooden letters this time and those are harder to do than the simple canvases. I will show her each letter as I'm working on it to get her approval, but if she decides that she doesn't like the final product after I've sent it to her, then I just have to tell her that I am not repainting it this time. Don't give me freedom over a project and then complain that it's not what you wanted. I hate to be that way but it might come to that. But I hope not!

Yesterday I finally created a business page on Facebook for my paintings after a friend talked me into it. I only have four Likes so far and I honestly don't think that anyone is really going to care about it. I will give it a little time but I will probably end up taking it down. There's no point in having it up if it doesn't serve it's purpose. I guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment