Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Well 2010 will be over in just a couple of hours so I thought I'd write one last journal for the year! Not much news lately though. Tim has a few days of leave left so he's gonna try to get back on a day schedule for work next week. He's spent all of his time playing the new expansion to his game at night and sleeping during the day. I got to go out and do a few important things on my list before leaving the island. Still have a lot to do but the weather has been shitty. I hope that I can get everything done in time! Other than that, just hanging out with the kids and getting some painting and sewing done when I feel like it.
Christmas was good. We set out milk and cookies for Santa, along with the list of toys that Tristan wanted. He talked about waiting for Santa for days! The next morning he totally forgot about Santa and came downstairs to the couch without even noticing all the presents and bike sitting with the tree! We had to point it out to him and it took a few seconds for it to register haha. Guess he just wasn't awake yet. But I know in the coming years he will be crazy excited and waking us up at like five in the morning.
Anniversary was not so good. Nine years. We couldn't find a babysitter, as if that was a surprise, and had to cancel our dinner reservations to a really good restaurant off base. But then we would have had to cancel anyways because Tim got really sick that day. He's still getting over it and now both the kids are sick. Hopefully I won't get sick. I don't have time to be sick. At all. I barely get through some of the days as it is. We still plan on going to this restaurant, the Garlic House or Arin Krin, but we will just have to take the kids with us. When we get back to the states we will actually have friends and family who will love to watch the kids for us, and we can finally have some time for just the two of us.
I am actually looking forward to the new year now. I was of course dreading it at first since we are getting out of the military very soon, but the more I think about some things the more I can't wait to go home. I love Japan and I love this little island of Okinawa, but it's been really lonely for me here since Sarah left over a year ago. I sure will miss it though and will feel very sick when we leave.
Well...less than two hours left...goodbye 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment